szihn
(.400 member)
17/04/18 01:50 PM
Re: Bergara B14 HMR Rifle review..

Now that's better then Randy's gun shoots but not as tight as his Rugers shoot. I did think they were good guns, but at the price point they are asking, there is going to be some stiff competition. The Rugers that randy has cost a LOT less, and shoot groups about 1/2 that size. My buddy Josh has a 243 Howa that shoots about 5/8" and also costs about $250 less.

Begara has made so much about how good their barrels are and I can't sday they are bad, but I see many lower cost rifles out shooting them. The TC offerings I have seen are some of the very best, with groups going under 1/2 MOA many times.
Heck, here is a groups shot with my 8X57 with a pre-war military barrel and 200 grain Speer bullets, shot at 107 yards This barrel was free to me. And the groups I shot with the same rifle with Hornady SSTs were 1/2 this size. But I didn't have the camera with me that day.
PC070001 by Steve Zihn, on Flickr
PC070002 by Steve Zihn, on Flickr

It's not common for them to shoot this good, but I have seen MANY old military barrels that shot well under MOA.

So I think Begara needs to tone down their bragging a bit or up-grade their accuracy to at lest shoot with TCs and Tikkas, or leave things as they are and lower their pricing about $300 to compete.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com