Ripp
(.577 member)
15/02/18 11:51 PM
Re: Remington filing for bankruptcy

Quote:

Good riddance. Except they won’t die. It will be a reincarnation and more sub par sloppy manufactured junk. It truly breaks my heart as I do believe they have had some really winning designs over the years.... Early model 700 BDL, 760 Game Master, 1100, 870 come to mind....... All tremendous designs albeit the build and manufacture of same has been sloppy at best and has deteriorated over time.
Fast forward to a recent 700 LTR..... the scope base holes were not drilled in a straight line and wandered in a kind of diagonal direction to the bore axis. Next up a newer 7600 Police pump.... the bolt face was incorrectly machined and wouldn’t hold the extractor clip in place and would NOT extract empties....... Contrast back to my old 1100 circa 1973 which was ok from a fit and finish perspective albeit obviously a product of a high volume assembly line yet ran like a well tuned watch.....

It isn't just them either..Hell I spent over $4500 last year for a custom made rifle ..scope base holes were not straight on that either..this was from a custom rifle manufacturer in Lansing Michigan..called them on it..sent it back per their instructions..they said they fixed it with that I assumed as a new action..they basically tried to ream out the holes and redrill..I sent it back and told them I wanted 100% refund ..which I did get when I called them on it and showed them I had photos of before and after sending the rifle to them twice..

Doing it again, but this time the builder is only an hour from my house..close enough I can have direct contact with him if I have issues..I much prefer that situation...

I trust no one until it is proven when it comes to $$ and guns..actually most other things as well..been fu*ked one too many times.. now I trust but verify..

Ripp

Contact Us NitroExpress.com