3DogMike
(.400 member)
14/02/18 12:55 PM
Re: Remington filing for bankruptcy

Back to John’s earlier post for one minute of observation and comment if I may:

" In 2014, 31 percent of American households reported owning a firearm, down from 47 percent in 1973,

My take on this would be that there is every likelyhood that given the increasing government intrusion on private gun ownership since 1973,16% of households simply will not admit (report) to a pollster or anyone else that they own/have firearms on premises.

This would be especially relevant in States like New York, Connecticut, and New Jersey where admitting (to anyone) that you posess a firearm could put you in legal jeopardy.
Same thing as answering your Doctors “health” questions on a routine visit.....they are “encouraged” by the government to ask whether you have access to firearms, and all medical records now will go into a Fed database as far as I am aware.

This is also not considering certain “communities” with a large % of their adult male population that are convicted felons....can’t tell me that those people are 100% gun free and does one think for even a second that they would admit posession?

- Mike

Back to topic; have not even considered a new Remington in years.....more is the pity because they were, at one time, fine hunting and target rifles.]

Contact Us NitroExpress.com