szihn
(.400 member)
14/02/18 05:53 AM
Re: Remington filing for bankruptcy

Ripp is 100% correct. I have been amazed and appalled for 30 years at how Remington was conducting business. I am somewhat suspicious that there is an inside agenda. The Mega business that owns Remington is pro-communist and anti gun, and has been for some time.
A bankrupt business for a company of that size will be a good write off, and save them a lot of taxes both within the USA and also outside the USA.

I have said many times it's almost as if the leadership or owners are TRYING to destroy the company.
I think I was right.

Every time Remington did something that gets them into trouble, they defend it, or try to hide it.

Every time they come out with something that has super good potential, they kill it themselves.

They stopped selling bullets as components, except for a very few.

And many of the very best ones that they made in the 60s and 70s have been cheapened by thinning the jackets and making them less likely to hold together on impact. Easier to make, but not near as good for hunting.

It's sad, but I am not even slightly surprised.
In fact my only surprise is that it took this long.
A sad day for shooters, but this is not "the day Remington died". They committed suicide over the last few decades, and just bled out.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com