NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
27/01/18 07:22 PM
Re: Why-I-hate-the- 270 -- by Bryce M. Towsley

Quote:

Before we lean into nation-baiting re: rifles I think it's fair to state that we ought to drop the matter. Forums all over the web go dead due to spurious information and rude comments. In the end, it's an argument over a bit of recycled car battery, some brass, and a measuring tape.

NE forums go dead because of the .270?! Ha ha, what follow it into the grave? Ha ha. I don't think so.

This thread has been funny. A stupid concept, "Why I hate the .270" - a spurious "fake news" article, just designed to put some words on paper or monitor screens. And sell some advertising by the publisher.

Is it 'nation baiting' to say "the .270 is popular in the USA" but probably not so much elsewhere?

Of course not. The .277 and .308 are probably the same actually USA designed calibres (?). Noit copying a calibre elsewhere. Probably wrong! But I don't care.

The .270 used to be very popular, IMO, in Australia. Mentioned that before. Not so much today. We even used to have our own version, the .270/303 to make use of the many SMLE rifles available in Australia. Also I believe the actual .303 was banned at one time in civilian hands (?).

Like all the funny images and comments since the "nation baiting" comment. Well done guys.

Its just a rifle and a calibre, far better reasons to get upset over.

PS Anyone who can't kill a deer with a .270 providing reasonable bullets are used, can't shoot.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com