Ripp
(.577 member)
05/01/18 01:07 AM
Re: Ruger-6mm-creedmoor-precision-rifle

Quote:

Very interesting

I'm still clinging to my standard/western HS Precision stocked 700p LTR 308 20" rifles, working with 180gr and 185gr bullets inside 1400 yards
The inherent handicaps compared to the skinny 6mm and 6.5mm cartridges keep me honest and provide many lessons in the wind and around my position.

The rimfire variant of this system looks great for my young marksmen/kids in that it's quickly adaptable to their different sizes and preferences.
I wouldn't chase one of these centerfire RPR beasts off the hill though!

Cheers
Tinker

There is an interesting article in this months GUNS AND AMMO magazine comparing the 308W to the 300 Blackout as to penetration at closer distances..interesting article..

My wife uses a .308 in a Kimber rifle here in MT...works very well on elk, deer, antelope and pretty much anything else she points it at..has shot elk out past 500 yards..all 1 shot kills..loaded with 165gr Accubonds...very accurate, especially considering the pencil thin barrel on it...

I personally really like the .308...think its a great round...

As RPR, for the price they are pretty good..have another in 6.5 Creedmoor --Bergara..even more so as to accuracy..personally think its a slightly better weapon..

Ripp

Contact Us NitroExpress.com