Ripp
(.577 member)
11/11/17 04:02 AM
Re: The-Keefe-report- .224-Valkyrie- The-next-big-thing?

Quote:

Quote:

I think it is so new there is not much out there ..at least that is what I am finding..most of the info on it has been within the past month or two..but yes, agree, if they are putting out info they could give you ALL the info vs a little piece here and there..

What kind of tractor you have???.. I will need to YOUTUBE it to make sure I can run it once I get there..

Ripp

Will get the old one out for you. The newer one, now 47 years old, is too good for bloody Yanks.

BTW this cartridge looks hugely over bore. Getting such alleged speed with a 90 gr bullet in a shortish .224 barrel? Also in a short barrel how much unburned powder is being spit out the muzzle?

I understand the drip feeding of information and material. Instead of real data, and information, drip out hyped up videos, claims etc. build up the hype. And all sorts will be sold to people to add yet another dust collector on the gun rack, so when real stuff comes out, the sales will already be guaranteed.

The Europeans are nowhere near as good at it. Look at that .40 calibre Swiss offering. Lots of hype, interest but a hell of a lot of negative comments. But when you can only buy 6 rifles, you got to make sure they work.

Agree..the one article I saw the guy was using a 20" barrel..I think, as was suggested in one of the articles, this will gain in popularity with those who compete in Long Range Precision Rifle ..with an AR style platform..quicker shots, follow ups, etc..perhaps quicker times vs a bolt...Have a buddy who lives in Kansas that ordered a barrel for one yesterday..I am waiting for his reports before I make a move of any kind..have too many already I have not shot in years...

Have a great weekend my friend

Ripp

Contact Us NitroExpress.com