GABE93
(.275 member)
24/08/17 06:30 PM
Re: LINSEED OIL GUNSTOCK FINISHING

Sorry I have not updated this thread for a while. I have been too tired. I did start a bit more rubbing with more amber resin ratio in the linseed mixture but have not continued it for a while now.

This morning I bought some Rustins Danish oil, from a mobile van visiting here for a couple of days. SE QLD Woodworkers Supplies has a van that travels around selling gear. I’ll try the Rustins one day. Other members here mentioned earlier in this thread that it works well for them.

I can also buy locally one of the high quality old style marine spar varnish’s so I intend to also try that mixed with the linseed as it could give a tougher mixture than the amber resin.

Meller, as I have mentioned in the past, show me your work whenever you get the chance. I can’t see enough in the images on your phone to critique it well.

Yes NitroX, I have the images in my PB account and I’m paying for their basic account, I think about $15 or $20 PA. I could not tolerate the adverts intruding in the free account. I noticed lately members having trouble viewing posted images from P Bucket. I can still see the full post here, all the images, using Internet Explorer.

I need however to continue my thread a bit more so that I can test which resin and mixture gives a tougher linseed finish.

I also have not forgotten I promised to post some images of one of my finished rifles. It will take a long time to compose the post.

Regards,
Gabe93

Contact Us NitroExpress.com