szihn
(.400 member)
17/06/17 03:57 AM
Re: Performance withthe 9.3X57 Mauser?

I like the bullets and the Classic Mauser rifles. I have no "need" at all. In fact, if truth were told I need only 1 center-fire rifle. That's true for about 99.5% of us and the other .5% can get by with two. So the rational of building these 2 is that I like them. Need or "reason" have nothing to do with a love of nice rifles.

I want----------- therefor I need. Slaves are allowed what they need. Free men buy or make what they want.

I am pretty sure you understand. That's the mindset of probably 99% of the members here. We LIKE the guns we like. That's why this web site is here.

One, the 9.3X57 will be a full stocked Carbine and the other, the 9.3X62 will be a Classic rifle.
Both stocked to fit me.

The "57" will have a double schnable stock to the muzzle with silver highlights and muzzle cap.
The "62" will be a rifle with a slender barrel, classic banded F.sight, express ear sights and barrel band swivel mount. Stocked in good walnut with a short forend and an ebony tip.

Both are good hunting rifles and will be working rifles, but the carbine may be a nice addition to hunting in super heavy brush on the river bottoms or also for those times when I go to the black timber after elk. I often hunt elk in the very steep and forested places in Western Wyoming and the short carbine will be a wonderful little tool for those places. The standard 22" barreled rifles are fine too, but as I said, I don't have "need". I just want.

My wife pointed out something last year that woke me up. I have carried some wood and some Mauser actions with me over the last 33 years waiting for "the time" to make a few guns for myself. It has now been over 1/2 of my life waiting to come up with "Spare time".

It's not going to happen.

So she told me "look, we both work, you don't have to do everything yourself. I earn a living too. I'll cover the bills and you should go make your rifles before you get to old to enjoy them"

So when she pointed out that I have waited over 1/2 of my life I realized she was right.

I am now taking 1 day a week to work on guns for ME!
I have not done that since I was in my late 20s. I know I don't have unlimited time to do things, so I guess I'd better do them now, before I can't.

I still work on customers guns 5-6 days a week. So they don't get shafted on the deal.
But Life goes by fast. We need to try to grab what we can and help all we can, and enjoy being a blessing to others while we can because there will come a day when we can't.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com