Postman
(.375 member)
26/05/17 08:08 PM
Re: Fox non toxic bullets

Not sure how valid those "findings" of lead fragments dispersing throughout an animal carcass really are. A few years ago similar studies in the USA were touted widely by the tree huggers to throw a monkey wrench in the lead (interpret as inexpensive) ammunition supply.

After much noise, those studies were debunked and life went back to normal with the ammo supply of lead based bullets uninterrupted. They also were pushing hard to remove lead fishing weights from the market at the same time but that went nowhere as well. Lead is very stable and tends not to be soluble.

Anyhow, after eating a tremendous amount of wild game for many years shot with traditional lead bullets and actively participating in IPSC events using lead bullets primarily at indoor ranges and some with extremely poor ventilation, I went to the Dr and had my lead levels checked. All normal and no signs of lead exposure detected.

Nowadays, I use a combination of lead and lead free bullets, but I base my choices on bullet performance. I don't use highly frangible bullets on game intended for the table in any event but that is because I'm looking for deep penetration and reasonable expansion.

In any event, I do wish you the best in your search for a good non lead bullet. In Canada, the bullet supply is nowhere near as good as it is 100 miles to the south in the USA, but it is still pretty easy to be able to buy most of what one wants locally. It is not legal to simply drive across the border and export bullets from the USA so we depend on the local outlets for our supplies.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com