Ripp
(.577 member)
01/05/17 10:55 PM
Re: THE 6.5 COMES ALIVE---by Craig Boddington

Quote:

One of the big differences that I have noticed between Craig Boddington and Terry Wieland is that Boddington talks mainly about American guns and ammunition whereas Wieland talks about both American and older English or European rounds. I find him a lot more balanced. If the same article was written by Wieland than all the European 6.5's would have been included as well. I have read both their Safari books and IMO Wieland's book is much more interesting.

Waidmannsheil.

Agree--I really enjoy reading both, but Wieland's books on double rifles were a lot of fun to read. Boddington certainly has more experience in the fields of Africa..but.....

++
Quote:

Boddington should learn to keep quiet. That Americans don't like 6.5's means there's more for folks like me. Now that the 'secret' is out, prices will climb out of my reach. Thanks Craig.

Tongue in cheek of course. In residence here: .256 Newton, 6.5x55 Ruger M77 and (cough) 5-6.5x53R's. Still not sure how they multiply...

not sure how things are over there but in this part of the world the 6.5's have really taken off at the gun ranges..again with the Creedmore seeming to taking front and center..but many others as well ....6.5x55 along with the .264 W Mag are being seen more and more as well..maybe I am just noticing them more..??

Ripp

Contact Us NitroExpress.com