NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
15/04/17 05:41 PM
Re: I requested a rifle transfer quote from the UK

Quote:

FYI, I'm left feeling that they (the Police and or their masters), don't like individuals (non F/arm dealers), applying for B-709's? I might be wrong on this but it's not the first time I've heard of individuals, having lots of problems obtaining a B-709!

Undoubtably in my opinion. How far they take this policy to mess people around and whether it is an (un)official strategy and policy, who knows? Probably IMO.

As fo rmy example, I purposefully named the head of the firearms branch in every one of my media communications etc as these bureaucrats like to work "behind the scenes" and in the shadows, when doing their evil work. They don't like the spotlight on them. Allegedly this bureaucrat threatened some shooter "malcontents" with even more bans (ie ban anything greater than a .30-06 in SA) if they challenged his bans. So we went all the harder against him ... this was back when SAPOL had a list of "cartridge/calibre" restrictions ie the .338 Lapua, .50 BMG, a 5.7mm "cop killer" WofMD, even the .416 Rem Mag which some fool probably read on the internet is a "sniper" rifle ...

I have little personal doubt, my PTA and B709 were stuffed around on purpose, lost, misplaced, why I applied for only a B709, I also needed a PTA? etc etc

BUT just as he sun rises each day, absolutely they do not like private importations of firearms. Too much like personal freedom.

Damn I am cynical today ...

Contact Us NitroExpress.com