Homer
(.416 member)
14/04/17 10:00 AM
Re: I requested a rifle transfer quote from the UK

G'Day Fella's,

Gryphon, I have imported several rifles from the UK, for customers/mates, and it is a expensive exercise.
At the UK end, there is a heap of bureaucratic paper work for the F/arms dealer to fill in. Then there is the transportation and export paper work for the firearm and the F/arm dealer has to get the firearm to the freight company. The F/arm actually needs to be physically inspected by Customs and or Police, to confirm brand, model, type and serial number, etc......
This is all very time consuming, and as we know "Time is Money"!

The unfortunate thing is, this does NOTHING to stop what the laws and regulation were put in place to do! As the CRIMINALS don't use legitimate freight companies, to export UNREGISTERED F/arms...., the above has NO Effect on them..................

Then when it finally arrives at our border, and the above all starts over again..............
FYI, I charge $110.00 per hour (Inc GST) for this kind of official work but the final bill, NEVER reflects the hours I put into it. When it's all said and done, I probably end up getting $55.00 an hour.

I hope this will help you understand why it costs so much, and especially for individual F/arms.

In reality, it is only economical, for special (read- EXPENSIVE) firearms.

AvagreatEastereh!
Homer

Contact Us NitroExpress.com