szihn
(.400 member)
23/12/16 02:13 PM
Re: 5-rifle-cartridges-that-need-to-make-a-comeback

I agree 100% with the first 3. I personally am quite fond of #1.
As for #4 and #5, The 6.5X55 and the 7X57 don't need to "come back" around here.

They never left.

I know quite a few hunters in central Wyoming that use them, and the 6.5X55 is available in the HOWA and is in demand. In fact it's interesting how many shooter go for it instead of the 6.5 CM which is supposed to be "all the rage" today. I have two M-96 Mausers here on my back wall, ready for stocks with brand new barrels. They will be sold as soon as I can get them done. I have reamers for a few 6.5s but the one that gets the most use by me is the 6.5X55.

As for the 7MM Mauser, I bet I know about 15 hunters within 100 miles of where I am right now that still hunt with the "old 7" and have no problem with it for anything they want to kill. Of those 15 (or so) hunters I know 6 of them that have KAR length Mausers rebarreled to the 7X57 as their main hunting rifles ------- because I am the one that made the rifles for them.

Maybe central Wyoming is "behind" the rest of the nation, but I think these hunters are actually "ahead".

Contact Us NitroExpress.com