Rino
(.300 member)
21/12/16 12:00 AM
L461 Vixen makeover.

Gentlemen.
I am currently working on my L461 and would like to get in touch with gents that have customized their Vixens.
I may need some guidance.
Here is the barrelled action for my L461 "Vixen". It has the original barrel chambered in 222 Rem. (For comparison a small ring G33/40, 98 Mauser). I'm not sure if I want to rebarrel it yet. This original barrel shoots like a dream even with the Norma 62 grain sp.
This actinon/barrel will hopefully be fitted with some new wood and a few other "pretty little things", like barrelband sling swivel and front sight. I hope to get hold on a m70 safety as well. Time will show. I had these Burris bases )and 30 mm rings) from my current Vixen (sold 21 years ago) and they will be used until I'm finished with shaping the stock. Maybe I'll reshape them.
The plan is to go for a kinda classic looking stock and i will fit it for my self the best I can. Since I'm no expert on wood this is a time consuming process.
I’m really enjoying to work with this little sweety.
More pictures, and I'm sure å lot of questions will be posted during the progress of the work.

[image]http://www.kammeret.no/bilder/displayimage.php?pos=-25943[/image]

Edit.
I'm giving up on this pic thing!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com