Postman
(.375 member)
08/12/16 02:05 AM
Re: best african plains rifle

I would absolutely recommend using a meet and greet rifle permit service when going through Tembo airport in Joburg. Whether you hunt in SA or are simply transiting through with luggage checked through to another destination country, SA requires either a visitor permit or a transit permit. The $150 it cost me was well worth the money. I was smartly whisked through the airport by a representative of the service both coming and going on my way to/from Windhoek. My rifles made it through without a hitch.

The only slight sense of grief I encountered was on the way back through Zurich where a nasty old woman airport security check person snarled and smacked her fist down on the embroidered crest of my hunting vest while it passes by her on the X-ray conveyor belt. I suppose she didn't dig the fact that I was travelling to kill harmless creatures for fun and entertainment. My luggage was safely checked through Zurich by the airline (Air Canada and Partner airline Swiss Air), so the nazi airport security guard was simply a minor annoyance with no ill effect on me, although my ear to ear smile in response to her antics probably gave her a migraine for weeks afterwards.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com