Ripp
(.577 member)
28/10/16 12:26 AM
Re: 28 Nosler

I have been working up loads for my 28 Nosler --which again is a Pierce titanium action and Proof research barrel...so far the powders of choice are the US869 and Retumbo both of which have now produced 1/2" 3 shot groups using 150 gr Swift Scirocco's, and 160 A-Frames... I have NOT loaded any Bergers for this caliber as they were a disaster in my Fierce 26 Nosler and IMHO, are NOT a hunting bullet..

Velocities thus far are very similar to what are claimed by Nosler...getting well in excess of 3400fps with the 150gr scirocco's...

Its been a tedious process as I did put a NEW Swarovski Z5 on the 28 when I got it..however after about 30-40 rounds it gave up the ghost ..so that has been sent back to the factory..I now put on a Zeiss with a Rapid Z 800 reticle..not as clear as the Swaro but I do like the rapid Z reticle concept they have ..also have the same scope on my 280AI ...

Will continue working with this as I see the 28Nosler to be a great choice for hunting mtn game and shooting longer than normal ranges..have to comment, recoil on a 7lb rifle was stouter than I had anticipated but not unmanageable..similar to a 300 Win mag...

Ripp

Contact Us NitroExpress.com