Rule303
(.416 member)
22/09/16 11:02 AM
Re: Do you really need a magnum???

Quote:

Quote:

Yup, I feel you as well bro. What I like to do is sneak in, 'injun-style' and, just as I get underneath the snout of the unsuspecting beast, I leap up and smack it hard with the butt of my rifle. I then clonk the disoriented creature on the swede with a handy rock or stout bit of windfall continuing the assault until the animal goes all limp and floppy.

This approach may sound a little unusual to a Canadian but it has some real advantages. 1) It really saves on the ammo, I can't stress this enough and 2) it causes little or no damage to the skin and 3).....I get to watch the life drain from the eyes of the hapless prey animal.

Yeah...........

I am surprised and disappointed you've heard of this technique way over in Aussieland.
This stalk and kill method originated with moose hunting in B.C. Yes indeed - it was invented & developed by a sporty Prince George Citizen back in the 1950's when ammo was in short supply and gained popularity in this area then spread throughout the Province. I am surprised you heard of this lonewulf - & I'd like to get my hands on the RRRRAt-bastard who let out 'OUR' hands-on method of killing moose.

Daryl, that is the Kiwi method, here in Aussie land we are somewhat more sophisticated and sporting. We sneak in close and throw a bent stick. We then get the animals attention so they are looking at us and don't see the bent stick returning. Whomp on the back of the head takes them out cleanly. Just have to now the trajectory of your bent stick.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com