GG375
(.333 member)
10/09/16 11:43 AM
Re: Walnut blank/rifle stock advice.

Quote:

Well I have been into Roger Vardys online stock catalogue (NE sponsor) and I have my eye on a few different Exhibition grade rifle blanks.
Perhaps there are other blank suppliers in Aus?

I have also looked extensively at several US walnut blank sites as well,its all part of the proposed `64 build thats been itching my mind for years

I have the 9.3 x 64 B dies coming.Yep I have started from the very bottom ha ha.

Now the question is can you blokes in the know advise as to a good stock maker in Australia..preferably in Victoria that can go from blank to beauty?
If it gets to the too hard basket I will go syn..thats a sin though isnt it?

Hi Gryph

Another thing I think you need to consider is the style of stock you want on your rifle. What I mean is, if you are chasing a classic pommy style of stock then Ross Waghorn is probably your best bet as he has a really good eye for that style.

Gabe is no longer doing any work due, as mentioned earlier, to damaging his neck in a push bike accident. He is slowly getting more use of his fingers/hands from what I've heard but it will be a long time I think before he will be ready to take on more work. His stocks were technical perfection but were more of an American Classic style than an English classic.

I'll send you a PM re a blank I have which may be of interest if you like? Just let me know.

Cheers mate.

GG

Contact Us NitroExpress.com