Postman
(.375 member)
09/09/16 11:46 AM
Re: The greatest rifle ever made???

I'd take my double rifle in such a situation.

To call CRF simply marketing is harsh indeed but it sure would seem that many manufacturers are jumping all over that feature and hollering from the top of their advertising dollars that if one doesn't have CRF, then one is doomed to suffer unreliability which just isn't so.

Anyhow, I suppose I'm not really much married to the outcome one way or the other, but I do believe the argument for one over the other is really more rooted in one's personal belief system than in any critical technical merit of one vs another, particularly when one notes that 99% of hunting does not involve DG. Confidence in one's equipment is worth millions in a sticky situation and of that I do firmly believe. Gosh, we should have maybe spun this discussion off into its own dedicated thread, CRF vs Push Feed....... And to answer your question: yes I'd take the CRF Mauser in the very narrow scope of hunting that is DG. Why not? But I wouldn't feel terribly impaired (other than its crappy 2 round magazine capacity) if I had a Weatherby MK V big bore push feed in my hands either.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com