Postman
(.375 member)
09/09/16 01:26 AM
Re: The greatest rifle ever made???

Dang, dang, dang I say!!!!!! Let's have peace across the border with our close relatives!!! American ingenuity, foresight and a penchant for marketability has recognized the M98 action for the great invention that it is and has somewhat bastardized it to make it cost effective and thus more widely available. The great American industrial machine operates on modularity, and thus is able to scale effectively to cater to the masses.

Controlled round feed? Yup, expensive to produce and pretty dang cool, but a Remmy 700 will feed very effectively even when "up freakin side down"!!!! So who gives a shit about overly complicated gear? Controlled round feed only matters for those who want something to sell to the market that is arguably not necessary or required but want to be different and "need" a distinguishing feature.... This is simply a marketing play and no more. I have both and respect that they both must be handled slightly different lest one "dangs" it up and jams the rifle. Yup, it takes a village to raise an idiot, and even an idiot can bugger up a controlled round feed.

Funny. I actually thought this thread would be exactly one post long based on the non debatability of the OP. Boy, did I ever call that one wrong!!!!!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com