Postman
(.375 member)
03/09/16 07:13 AM
Re: expensive .303

Quote:

Quite a price revelation on Postman`s link.

Yup, 29 whole Canadian dollars for a surplus Enfileld back when I was a kid. My mother took me over to the local hardware store where together we selected one out of a pile of them for my dad for Father's Day..... My dad has passed a few years ago and I still have that old .303. Mine too is a special edition - special to me that is!!!!! But, I wouldn't pay more that a few hundred dollar for any Lee Enfield no matter how much of a limited edition it is.

If I paid $16k on a friggin' Enfield, it best be made of 24 carat solid gold. This is a value discussion, and I obviously can't bring myself to drink the kool aid on this one. I get double rifles and the exorbitant rates charged for same. Genuine craftsmanship, blood, sweat, and tears go in to the creation of each and every one.., but an Enfield??? Ground out by the 100s of thousands on old milling machines...... So some creative soul with a file and a hacksaw a few decades ago modifies a handful of them and calls them a special edition limited run....... Ok...... To each their own. I made a really crappy stamp collector as a kid too, so please look over at me with a knowing glance and politely ignore my rant.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com