Ripp
(.577 member)
21/08/16 04:54 AM
Re: Kimber?

Quote:

G'Day Fella's,

Gryphon, I own an 84L Montana in .25-06 and I'm totally happy and very impressed with it!
It is probably the only rifle that I have owned, that I've not yet pulled apart.
I'm happy with the trigger pull as is (but I will lighten it eventually) and it shoots 5/8", 5 x shot groups, out of the box (with handloads to suit it).
Though I'm not a fan of them (I prefer Tang Safeties), the three position Wing Safety work perfectly (as opposed to many M70 one's, that don't).
Between a couple of my mates, we have a total of 7 current Kimber's (in .223, my .25-06, 7-08, .308, 280AI, all Montana's), a .308 Mtn Assent and a .375 H&H Talkeetna, and they all function without fault and shoot very fine (read> Small Groups).
When I get a chance (to many firearm projects), I will get another Montana or Mtn Assent, probably in .270WSM and a Caprivi, in .375 H&H.

Hope that helps

Doh!
Homer

I had heard there were some issues with some but that was years ago..all I have heard or talked to including some pretty good friends are telling me the exact same thing..shoot really well and are very happy with them..including one of my best friends Caprivi in .375H&H..who I hunt all over the planet with...

Have no dog in this fight, merely stating what "I" see and hear...plus as I stated my wife has a wood stocked .308 that shoots as good with factory ammo as any gun I have ever owned. That impresses me quite a bit..

BTY Homer..--NICE Signature line...

Ripp

Contact Us NitroExpress.com