NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
09/04/16 10:48 PM
Re: Poor shooting Weatherby, what to do?

Quote:

Yes! Therein lies my absolute consternation with those infernal Weatherby rifles!!! The stock shape fits me well, but the sloppy accuracy is is unforgivable in such an expensive rifle. The skinny creepy triggers are an utter abomination as well. I would lean toward dumping it. The Sako Finnlights also suffer from less than stellar accuracy, but are a damn sight better than the Weatherbys. Seems the only way to get a super light rifle that shoots really well is to go custom, or possibly a Blaser K95 if one could see their way to an extremely expensive single shot.

No idea about Weatherbys. My one play with an ultralight factory rifle was with a Winchester M70 Featherweight. They were being sold at a discount for later realised obvious reasons, to dump them and get rid of them before new improved stock came on the market.

Mine was a .30-06. Shot 6 inch groups with 3 shots. Free floated it, glass bedded it. New mounts. New scope. All sorts of loads tried. Never really improved. Piece of shit put on the market and sold at a huge discount to what I paid for it.

I think good factory ultralight rifles at an affordable price are mostly a fantasy or a lucky dip. More a custom proposition where lots of careful detail can be applied. There is a reason heavy barrels are used for target rifles.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com