Ripp
(.577 member)
22/01/16 01:32 AM
Re: 28 Nosler

Quote:

When I went from .220 Swift to the .220 Swift IMP chamber, I gained 10% in capacity, and 0 fps with the 3 powders I was using. Maybe I was already "THERE" - or maybe I was past there?

IMP? UN IMP ha ha..thanks for the honest answer Daryl.

My Swift works on the 'fill the case ' method.

It's fun to play in the Twilight Zone, but it can be expensive - but it can be fun.

When I went from .220 Swift to the .220 Swift IMP chamber, I gained 10% in capacity, and 0 fps with the 3 powders I was using. Maybe I was already "THERE" - or maybe I was past there?

I like the challenge, info and find it very interesting playing with new rounds..as you state..seems as though I never get tired of trying the newest magic "bullet"...

I converted my 280 Remington to a 280AI..picked up about 125-140fps..depending on loads..in my ultralight mountain rifle...

Currently working on getting one of these built per a friends request--should be done in 90 days or less..curious how it will shoot and perform..

One final item mentioned in this was that the barrel life was longer than expected with this cartridge and the 26 Nosler..Per the author said he knew of some shooting over 1500 rounds with no noticeable change in accuracy with the 26 Nosler..they expect even more with the 28 as it is not as over bore..as you probably will not go shoot prairie dogs with this, that is more than a lifetime or two of hunting..

Ripp

Contact Us NitroExpress.com