GPJ12345
(.300 member)
10/04/15 03:10 AM
Re: 8x68S caliber hunting rifle popular?

Good day members

Regarding the seating depth of the 220 gn bullet usually use to get peak performance from the 8x68 ...I looked at the 91mm opening up of the Mauser 98 action from a usual standard action opening..it will be possible to get to 91mm opening up of the action...as well as milling out the magazine well /floor plate from a solid billet to compliment the opening up of the action and facilitating the feeding of the total length of the 8x68 round bullet seated to receive an over all length of 91 mm.

Reading through the posts ...numerous contributors pointed out the need to seat the 220 gn bullet out to an over all length of 91mm ....this type of procedures is going to include extensive milling work ...before I commence I really need your opinions regarding the improved velocities/optimal performance of the 8x68 round in relation to firing a 8x68 round seated to be shot from a standard action...please give me a detailed motivation and discussion in this regards...as I pointed out ...it will be extensive milling work and I really need to be sure there will be a noticeable difference to commence with this procedure...I know the Germans designed the 8x68 to be used in a standard Mauser 98 action....

Regards

Gert

Contact Us NitroExpress.com