GPJ12345
(.300 member)
31/03/15 05:21 AM
Re: 8x68S caliber hunting rifle popular?

Thank you Rolf

I appreciate your input, since it is knowledge you acquired by using the 8x68S in the hunting scenario. I looked at the possibility to lengthen (opening up the back of the action/lengthen the magazine box as well ) I can do it safely...the stripper-clip opening can make way for the longer seated bullet, taking metal away to the back of the action will not compromise strength of the action.
The barrel will at least be 28 inches a type bull barrel (heavy)....the 8x68S rifling twist is 1:11 I am contemplating ordering a 28 inch heavy profile barrel with a 1:9.45 rifling twist (8X57JS)...It will be a special order and more expensive...my rationale for this idea is that a tight twist and large case capacity will stabilize a heavy long bullet even better than the 1:11 rifling twist...I would like to hear your /members opinion on this specific remark...

Do you think it makes sense or will there not be any noticeable effect?

Rolf, I certainly will make use of your offer to assist us to get 8x68S RWS brass, since it is not a common item in South Africa...can I contact you regarding this issue?

Gert

Contact Us NitroExpress.com