paradox_
(.375 member)
27/01/15 11:16 AM
Re: 9.3x62--The Germans 338...

Daryl

I personaly think the 458WM does get some advantage from having a belt, but thats only me.

As stated earlier, I don't agree with the modern rush of belted magnums, neither do I think they do anyone any harm. Neither do I think they are any more or less silly because of it.

I note your justification for non support of belted cases has turned from the "Hollands worn out reamer" theory to the old and well discussed issue of where to headspace a cartridge.

Challange you...again to explain that statement.

Its worth remembering that not everyone is an expert on hand loading, in fact many average " Joe Blows" who like to hand load dont even understand the headspace concept.

On SOME cartridges these guys can safley reload a belted cartridge and not be concerned setting the die up correctly, etc etc

Sounds to me like the worlds next most successful cartridge will be a rimless 375 H&H, accompanied by its sister the 300....wonder why that concept hasnt pushed those two wonderful cartridges into obscurity ??

Opps almost forgot the 375 Hornady....or what ever it is is going to take over from the BELTLED 375 H&H

Millions of rounds fired, thousands upon thousands of game killed, 100 years plus of history...means one of us is on the wrong page!!!!

Best
Eric

Contact Us NitroExpress.com