Ripp
(.577 member)
06/11/14 08:30 PM
Re: 28 Nosler

Quote:

The advantage of these large volume for caliber cases seems to be he heavy for caliber bullets. The 300 Norma seems to be geared towards the 240gr SMK. Is there an equivalent heavy for caliber bullet for the 7mm right now? I'm guessing Nosler will provide one. From what I have seen, the LR Accubond has not exactly been seeking the hunting world on fire for those who have been able to get their hands on them.

From the rumor on the street, there were "issues" with the LR Accubond for a while..I assume they have been corrected albeit impossible to find unless you buy the actually loaded Nosler Ammo. Agree this may be one advantage but that is not what Nosler is promoting with the 26Nosler if you see any of their ads..its speed and trjectory..FLAT OUT TO 415..is what is seen anywhere the round is advertised..I may be wrong, but think they may go the way of the 26 using a standard action vs having a magnum that you need with the 7RUM..but if they go that route they will never be able to match the mv of the RUM which currenlty tosses the 150grs at around 3500fps..or close to it..that is smokin for that weight of bullet..

Ripp

Contact Us NitroExpress.com