vapodog
(.300 member)
19/01/05 12:20 PM
Re: Rifle scope expectations

Grit your teeth.....grab your chair because you're definitely not going to like this.......it's the way it's worked for me and I'm sticking by what has worked for me.
Talk about the Leupold warranty and repair policy.....Yes it's good.....but in my experience Bushnell is better. Strangely enough of all the scopes I've returned for repair one was a steel weaver many years ago and they refilled it with nitrogen and reblued it for me No charge and quickly. One was a Bushnell that I hit against a rock and they repaired it for me no charge and in less than 10 days and one was a Leupold target scope that took three weeks to get back and it wasn't right when I got it back either.

I've owned more than 100 centerfire rifles over my life and every one has had a scope on it and those are the only three that I've ever had to repair. Here's the rub.....the scope that has served me most reliably over the years is ...Look the other way a second here.....Tasco....yes I tried to type it softly to not offend anyone.....but they have worked well for me and I mean EVERY ONE.

You didn't hear me brag about extreme clarity and I'won't make that claim. However in no case whatever was the clarity of optics so poor that I couldn't use it fully for the intended purpose.

One of my favorite scopes is a very light 3 X 9 Leupokd compact because it's extremely lightweight and just works well. But it does nothing for me than sit on a .257 Rob M-70 featherweight and weigh less than any scope I can buy. On my first African Safari I opted for the scope that had been on the .300 H&H and went with it as it had proven itself in the field.....yup...you guessed it.....a 3X9 Tasco......$39. A scope twenty times the price would not have worked better!!!

After all this I hear folks that say they had x amounts of Tascos and they all was junk.....whatever....it's just not been the case for me.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com