Bidyanus1
(.300 member)
08/01/14 09:28 AM
Parker Hale Rifle Identification

Hi Fellow uses
I have recently acquired a newer Parker Hale rifle in 30:06 with Mauser action. (I just love a 30:06!!!) I cant attach pics because it seem this forum does not allow me to attach them. Its a newer rifle I think by the marks, its made early to mid 80's. But I cant work out what model it is. Apart from proof marks it has no markings (yes Ive taken it apart) but I "think" its a 1000 or 1100 But it might be a safari? as there it a metal pin thru the forend of the stock. I think its some sort of recoil pin/lug. There is a goats head engraved/pressed on the aluminum magazine floor plate, and the trigger has aluminum parts. The it no forend sharbelling ( yes I know I have not spelt that correctly). It has no recoil pad, just a hard plastic plate. It checkered both stock and forend. Its a mauser action and I think Santa Barbara but Im not sure of that either because it only has one marking on the bolt a "U with an underscore". Also the last three numbers on the serial number are also etched on the bolt. Can anyone give me some advice on where I might go or how I might get a positive ID on the rifle?
Cheers and thanks in advance

Contact Us NitroExpress.com