Karl
(.275 member)
20/05/13 03:25 PM
Re: 9.3 x 64 project opinions

Gents thanks for the comprehensive replies and great to see there is a fan base for the 9.3 x64!

I haven't had much time to research all the options mentioned and will continue to do so.But I am sort of leaning early toward the Zastava 9.3 x62 conversion now- a lot related to its availability ,low cost, simplicity of conversion, and from what I have breifly read options of aftermarketing it with stocks etc if need be.

Also regards suggestions above of FN mauser I read the zastava is very similar and they actually took over FN's operation/equipment at some stage, is this at all correct??? This is sort of a winner for me as well, that the 9.3 will belong in an action looking like this, even if its the poor mans version.

Lastly any general views on extending the magazine box if I did fo with the zastava. 5 down is paramount for me. I know for a price a good gunsmith can probably do it one way or the other -but any aftermarket options/cannabilised parts I can use to make it easier/cheaper would be good to hear of??

Feel free to hit me with any advice, its good to hear more about this cartridge in general.

I am in QLD these days by the way, have to change my old location

Contact Us NitroExpress.com