tward1604
(.275 member)
19/10/12 07:35 AM
Re: U.S.'s new 5.56 bullet

being active duty us military i feel i have a valid personal opinion on the matter. The 5.56x45 isn't the problem, i've seen it work wonders on guys who deserved it all the way out to 600 yds. the problem is with the bullet design. When you have a lighter front than the rear end like round we shoot now it causes the front to slow down quicker that the back half does therefore causeing it to tumble inside your target and we all know that once that happens penetration stops. i have seen rounds hit a man in his stomach and exit 3 inches above that without ever making it into his guts. we carry 6 mags of 30 for a standard light loadout if they really want to conserve ammo and put more bad guys in the dirt the best way to do that is with the sost round or any other controlled expansion quality bullet

But if they want to go "green" and put people in the dirt and bring me and my friends home we could allways go to a very common name in bullet manufacture BARNES i happen to think that a good 60-70 gr. barnes would be just the ticket. Not to mention the fact that barnes bullets are very accurate and "barrier blind"

just my dumb infrantryman opinion

thank you
cpl
USMC

Contact Us NitroExpress.com