mehulkamdar
(.416 member)
08/08/12 01:23 AM
Re: .475 Turnbull info --by Skip Knowles

Thanks for this information, Ripp. I have been pestering Doug Turnbull for some time telling him that this (and is companion rounds - his 470 and 348) would be excellent double rifle rounds, especially if he could persuade one of the Italian companies that he does business with to offer them in a hammer double gun. He doesn't respond to these requests, but, I'm sure that the thought is running in his mind. Imagine a double rifle that is only slightly shy of 450-400 performance with ammunition at levergun prices and I think this could be a magical combination.

I'm sure that someone or the other will do this sometime as the 475 is SAAMI approved and available to the gun trade at large. Would be best if Doug worked his magic on the first double guns that came out in the caliber IMHO.

I'd like to learn what the views of our experts here are. I am only a learner as I am always happy to point out. But, for someone who has to count the pennies in a lengthy divorce battle, a double that shoots relatively inexpensive ammo does seem like a good idea . . .

Good hunting!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com