Fontainebleu
(.300 member)
15/01/12 07:21 AM
J.P Smithson 416 rem mag Left-hand

Hello from Norway everyone!

I too dream to see the elephant, and smell the smoke of africa! Thus I need a tool for the job! This is a bit further down the pipeline, yet I would like to buy a rifle quite a bit in advance and get to know it, its shooting characteristics etc.

Now, I AM on a budget. Additionally, Im left-handed. So the selection of available left-hand rifles are close to zero...
Here in Norway the amount of rifles found in scandinavia and germany/france combined is in the two digits, whereas you would be lucky to find a single left-handed weapon..so I am forced to look the the US.
At the gunsinternational site I found one within my budget who seems decent.

http://www.gunsinternational.com/J-P-Smi...un_id=100218962

Caliber seems adequate, left-hand, nice bolt-action... however, Im not familiar with the "This rifle was built on a Harris Gunworks action".
Seeing as the weapon is quite alot cheaper than other smithson rifles, is this a inferior action? Or is this rifle simply "modified" a bit by smithson?

I would still need it exported from the U.S to Norway with a 24% import tax and some export taxes probably in the region of 500-800 dollars, hence my budget...

Thanks in advance for any advice and reflections on this rifle!

Regards,
Axel Nikolai

Norway

Contact Us NitroExpress.com