DarylS
(.700 member)
09/06/11 11:20 PM
Re: Anyone have a lever action rifle in 375 Winchester?

Yes - Rule303 - the .356 is an amazing round in the accuracy department. It's also surprising on game, too. Althogh there were numberous warnings not to use .358 Win. data, many books show heavier loads for the Model 94 than for the bolt gun's round. Go figure.

My bro needed a better rifle to pack when out hiking with his wife - # of years ago, so I traded him my .356 for his 1958 .32 Spl. He carried that Winchester angle eject for a # of years, then used it when guiding as his back-up rifle for 5 years. It killed wounded moose every year - some from arrows, some from bullets. It's 250gr. RN's never failed to work well, driven by 46.0gr. H335 at 2,156fps. (NEVER use data straight off a web page - ALWAYS start from 5% to 10% lower.

This factory rifle consistantly put up 5 shot groups at 100 meters of 1 1/2", the first two shots almost touching, every time. It carries a 2 1/2X scope. I load the ammo and use .358 Win. dies. Some rifles use and feed .358 brass just fine, mine wouldn't, only as single loaded 'grouse loads' with commercial 9mm cast pistol bullets and TB. These struck the post of the duplex reticle at 25 yards.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com