Perry
(.275 member)
31/01/11 11:23 PM
My 35.303 is Finally Finished

Wrapt folks, the 35.303 is done - I picked it up this morning, cost me an indecent amount of cash to drop on a SMLE No1 Mk3 and I don't care. I'm not in love with the sythetic stock but it helps with weight distrubution, it balances beautifully with the mass between your hands and it points - WOW - did I say it points well. The TSI 22" No 5 profile barrel sets it off perfectly. Guess it weighs a tick over 7 pounds without scope.

Out of focus but you get the idea with the Special Interest Arms grooved Picatinny Rail allowing use of the Recknagel open sights. The stocks actually a little low for a perfect cheek weld when using a scope. There is ample clearence with the bolt handle to clear a scope in a set of super low mounts. Looking at a 1 - 5 x 20 or a 2 - 7 x 32 Scope teamed up with a set of Lever Lock type mounts so I can use the irons up close in the thick stuff.

The Lee Rgb .303 dies have been bored and bits from a set of .358 Winchester die's swapped across also. If I buy a new tapered expander for the .358 Winchester dies to replace what was swapped to the opened out .303 dies I'll have a bullet seating die, full length resizing die and a neck sizing die for under $110

Can't wait to hunt with this Rifle. I've wanted this Rifle for a very long time and it's almost been a blessing that circumstance stopped me from hunting all last year - otherwise I could not have afforded this.

Alan Murray from Pine Rivers Gunshop in Lawnton did a top Job, it looks superb for a Clunker, the fit and finish on everything has pleased me no end. Now the fun bit - load development !!

One day a figured walnut stock and a 5 round magazine will give me the Lee Speed Sporter look I like so much

Contact Us NitroExpress.com