Tatume
(.400 member)
25/08/09 07:15 AM
SAKO older models?

Hello Folks,

I talked to my local FFL today about the Sako 85, and he said he has an "older model" in a caliber that interests me. I asked "a 75?" and he replied "no older than that, but I'm not sure what model it is." Neither one of us was actually at the shop, so we couldn't look at it to see which model.

So anyway, that brings me to my question, and I know this is a tall order. Could anyone here provide a brief rundown on the various models of Sako rifles, with a bit of information about the best and worst qualities of each?

I can start off with the Sako 75 Hunter, in 30-06. This rifle has plain but sound walnut with nice checkering. The stock design is such that the gun handles recoil wonderfully. The accuracy is outstanding, and the feeding from the magazine is flawless and as smooth as any rifle I've ever handled. The trigger is adjustable, and mine lets off at about two pounds with no creep or overtravel. The only downside I can think of is that the stock was fitted too closely to the upper tang, and split. Beretta provided a new stock after telling me the stock isn't covered under warranty. So, check the fit and relieve it a bit if needed.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com