DoubleD
(.400 member)
15/06/09 11:50 AM
Re: First rifle choice for a daughter

Earlier today I to put the Daughter and my 14 year old Granddaughter on the plane and sent them back to Illinois. They have been here for the past two weeks. I really enjoyed the time I got to spend with my graddaughter. I am sad seeing the little kid grow up, but I can see she is going to become a lovely young women.

I started her the right way with a rifle that is accurate and would not hurt her. I let her shoot my BSA Martini 1215 17 hornady Mach 2. We went out gopher hunting 4 times. Between the two of use we fired just over 1000 rounds; 500 in one outing.

You can't go wrong with 17 HM 2. The no recoil, no noise and good accuracy will allow her to develop good shooting skills and confidence. Then as she grows so can the rifle. Either combination you suggested should work fine.

Word of warning however, towards the end of the week My Granddaughter was referring to my rifle as her rifle.

Oh yeah besides teaching her how to shoot I put her behind the wheel for the first time in her life. We got to a gate and I told her gopher hunting you either drive or open gates. She couldn't get the gate open and I didn't drive the rest of the week.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com