mehulkamdar
(.416 member)
15/06/09 09:49 AM
First rifle choice for a daughter

I know, I know - I'm a father at an age when most men are grandfathers, but I now have a 3 month old daughter and need to plan her first rifle. I have the following choices and would like the advice of friends here on what would be the better first rifle for her. Since I plan to gift the rifle to her on her 5th birthday, I have some time to get either choice ready. Thanks for all opinions / suggestions in advance.

1. I have a Brno No 2 action that has never been barreled and is mint. Should I build a 17 HM2 on it?

2. I have a Winchester 69-A Target model factory fitted with a Lyman sight. There is some wear on the rifle and the metal needs polishing and rebluing. I could wither get it restored or enhanced with a new stock and metal embellishment. I have been told that this is a rare rifle in the target version and that it is worth significantly more than the regular 69-A. Should I keep it for myself or get it redone for my daughter?

Which would be the better choice? I have pictures but have stupidly misplaced the camera cord and can't buy one until tomorrow as today is a Sunday. Will do that asap, but, in the meantime, please do offer your suggestions.

Good hunting, everyone!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com