NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
13/04/04 01:37 PM
Re: 303 British

In reply to:

Since it's an old 30 cal that's been around for a while, it's still a good cartridge with the proper bullets. I've known a couple of ol' guys who used them for deer and pigs back in the 70's. Kinda splits the diff between a 30-30 and a 30-06

475Guy probably knows this but the .303 is not a .30 calibre in the sense of being a .308 calibre. It is .311 so don't load .308 bullets in one. This message is just for anyone who may read this and attempt to use it that way.

He is right it does bridge the gap between the .30/30 and .30-06 is the power stakes.

I recently bought a full wood SMLE No 1 Mk111 as a wall hanger (in the safe unfortunately). It was a well used model but was amazed to find out later that all the serial numbers match. I didn't even check as the sales man told me they weren't matching! I like shooting it and even as a full wood find it very handy and light. The last time I shot it was after a .450 session and it felt like an air rifle when I fired off a full clip rapid fire.

For hunting use I am trying to convince my brother in law to sell me his cut down .303 or find another in good condition.

I like them and while slow in velocity they will kill everything in Oz and have many thousands of times.

A double .303 would be very nice and traditional as well.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com