Caprivi
(.375 member)
14/12/08 02:02 PM
Re: Kimber 8400 vs. New Win Model 70

The only negative I have heard regarding Kimber, a friend of mine who works for a sporting goods shop in Billings stated they had several unhappy clients with the Montana model in 300 WSM as to accuracy..not sure if that was ever taken care of ...but personally, I hear more good than bad..

This is a common 300wsm/light gun problem. There has been some accuracy concerns with factory ammo, couple that with a light gun/ light barrel and high recoil.

I know in the past that mark has suffered from terrible QC atrocities.

?????? What are these ?????

That said I have a dear friend (thou hard headed) who, him, and his wife each shoot a Montana. She a 260 He a 300wm, both are 2" guns. I offered to look thru them to see what was up. He is insistant on using a handlod with Barnes TSX.
Hers with a 20yr old Leupold 2.5-8 shoots around 2" with a 130tsx. I tried a favorite load with a 129horn, still 2". I put here scope on a .300" .223 of mine and it shoot 2". He doesn't believe its the scope. Oh' well.
His 3oo is also about 2" at 100. Misses the 2 foot target at 300yds. I tried 5 shots with 180 Noslers. Under a 1" at 100 and 2" at 300. He is sure its the gun and not his loads. Again Oh" well.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com