Squarebridge
(.300 member)
10/09/08 07:17 AM
Re: Boddington on the .35 Whelen

Thanks Daryl S.

I'm confused - how can I make up 3 cases and send them to a die maker, if I don't have dies to form the cases? I also am unclear on what "going from the other end" would entail. Sounds painful.

This is how I envisioned it (thinking just pure logic, with no real insight involved... Send the original cartridge to a reamer maker. Tell them I want the new bullet to be .358 instead of the original .357, but everything else stays the same, and get the chamber and die reamers cut. I know the tolerances and dimensions will of course be different, but I figured they would know exactly how to size things so that THEIR die reamer cut dies to form cases to fit THEIR chamber reamer. Then send the reamer off to RCBS or whoever, and have loading and case forming dies made up. And have a barrel made.

Thanks very much for the input. I don't mean to be thick headed - this is my first rodeo and there is much I'm probably misunderstanding and much "cart before the horse"ing.

I don't mean to hijack this thread - my apologies. I'll be glad to start a new one if needed.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com