NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
13/03/17 04:09 PM
Re: Friends of NE Forums voluntary fund raising

Thought people might like to know how the fund raising is going. So far members have generously conributed A$802 (approx).

Thank you very much, it is much appreciated.

In the last couple of months, I have paid bills for the hosting site worth over $1600. So half of that is covered. There are more bills coming in over the next few months.

I've never added up all the expenses over the year, never been concerned with a "proft & loss", as it is not a profit. Not counting the endless hours I enjoy running the site and seeing content and discussions can be enjoyed.

Members need to understand, NE does need business sponsors. We are talking to a couple again or will shortly do so. Bills do not pay themselves, and my credit cards only take so much.

So when posting, remember, just enjoy what you see, nitpicking and negativeness are not what these NE forums were known for, and won't be known for in the future. There are all sorts of threads and posts and all sorts of discussions.

Also I have started again to look at alternative hosting sites. The current one is very reliable (mostly) but too expensive. It does cost a lot of time to make a change, a reason a move has been put off. Changing sites will also mean we will upgrade the forums software. This upgrade is years overdue. The new sw will look different and may work a bit differently. But will also have many new and better features.
- One feature will be the ability to load up images and photos.
- And also a photo gallery on the forums themselves.
- I think another feature will be the ability to imbed youtube videos.
- The ability to make private messages into private topics for a number of persons. Great for planning private trips etc.
- Many other features.

Some of the new and better features will be limited to NE Team and Friends use. As part of providing something back. We will see how it is all worked out.

The first priority will be, relocating some of the image hosting sites NE uses. We have accounts on other ISPs. These domains will be moved to the new one. Lots of my expensive wireless bandwidth will be burned up, hopefully not if ISP to ISP transfers can be done. There is be some disruption to the images displayed on the forums. Some cost savings doing this as well in future years.

Second priority will be moving the forums site and upgrading the forums. Done at the same time. The domain etc will also need to be moved.

Then after the forums upgrade, the main thing to get out of the way, once it has been debugged, tweaked and is working OK.

Then there are a number of projects I would like to see got moving.
- Slowly over time, see if the Nickudu files can be digitised better in an ezine page turning format.
- A better ezine framework, and more work and regular articles.
- A whole range of other new ideas and projects. Some discussed in the past, some completely new. You will have to wait and see what they are.

Some of this may start to happen behind the scenes soon. The more disruptive and time consuming work won't start till well into May. I can't afford time consuming hassles in March, April and early May during vintage.

To take the NitroExpress.com site into the next 15 years.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com