NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
10/08/22 12:16 AM
Re: Maneaters of Kumaon by James Corbett - discussion thread

Quote:

The Corbett stories would make wonderful films if well done. They could even be made into short films. There are many interesting short films now and they are very impactful - “two strangers who meet five times” is a good example but there are many others.

Excellent idea. Tv length episodes. But woke Hollywood, Netflix, A-Mazon etc would never make such evil imperialistic, colonial oppressive stories.

Independent? Needs to make money.

Quote:

On the audio books - maybe engage Indians, Germans etc to read the relevant parts? The Corbett stories would gain a lot with Indian voices.

You missed the bit about making a buck from it. I'm not splitting my $22 total profit from 200 hours work with no one.

And multiple readers is exponential more problems. Needs professional actors. No way.

Quote:

Another thought - a Nitro express two or three week tour of the Corbett hunting grounds, homes etc?

Excellent idea. I do want to go back to India and visit the Corbett sites. One just needs people to pony up and commit paying deposits for any group trip. I am not planning any trips for a while. Airfares ridiculous. Too risky for unreliable airlines. Jabs required? Etc. But in a year or two or three?

India as a destination is as NE Member Mehul described "equally fascinating and frustrating".

Wonderful interesting history, magnificent buildings, castles, forts, city walls, temples, mauseleums. Fantastic historical movies could be made. The parks have great populations of game. Tours are lesser in standard to Africa. Good hotels and accimidation. Great food. If you don't like indian food don't come! If you want it street cheap, prepare for serious dihorrea. I survived until almost the end. But in the last tiger park had to exit the vehicle for a bush twice. Travel by train. Long time hire car with a driver is easy. Great souvenirs. We bought jewels for the wife. Carpets for the floor, silk, cashmere, wool. Silk bedspreads and more.

Would be great to visit Corbett's haunts, Corbett National Park. And some other parks and sights.

Maybe Kipling sights as well?

A good itinery might be gleaned from some of the places the Right guys travelled.

Something to think about for maybe two or three years time.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com