NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
28/10/19 08:45 PM
Re: Moose/griz hunt --Kamchatka, Russia--2019

Ripp was thinking his post was being too negative seeing I hadn't posted. In reality he shared some of the photos privately before posting them here and I had replied and I think I was being lazy here!

I think he is not negative enough, naming the outfitters and agent. Gives other potential clients a heads up. However I understand people not wanting to do so.

Lots of Aussies used to hunt Kamchakta in the 1990's and 2000's. Originally good reports. Later more and more negative comments. I don't remember exactly what they were, but I believe false promises, lack of professionalism and service, perhaps lack of animals. Aussies went there because it was cheaper than Alaska or Canada. I know I was keen to go there back then, never did though. Went to Africa several times instead.

Now to Ripp's hunt. It was still an adventure. But flying East around the world via Europe to Moscow, then to Eastern Siberia? A shorter trip to the West? But I guess flights might be rarer that direction?

Even though Ripp says game were scarce and they were lucky, they still did well.

I am surprised by the size of antlers on his moose. Sems much larger than 99% of European moose? Are the Siberian moose more related to the North American species than the European species?

Well done. Congratulations. Now you have to pay to get it back home!

Quote:

My partner scored first with a nice approx. 8ft squared griz.. beautiful fur, nice bear..not huge, but a nice bear..Guns provided by the outfitter were a Christenson Arms in .375H&H and AK-47 variant... The CA had a nice Swaro Z6 scope on it..the AK's were open sights..

Most Aussies went there for Brown Bear. Even though nott a huge one, a respectable one. Looks big to this Aussie.

Well done to the hunter.

I reckon growing one's own fresh food there might be a necessity.

Cool chopper.

Looks cold! Brrrr.

Funny thing, Ripp WAS in the same general area as this picture. But four months later.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com