Ripp
(.577 member)
30/11/18 12:41 AM
Re: Turkey--2018--Bezoar Ibex

Quote:

Great story and photos. What wonderful scenes and I know those photos still can not do justice to the scens in real life. Photos no matter how good can't duplicate the real thing. But from the photos one can get an idea of what the real life scene would look like. I would love to see those scenes, mountain scapes one day. Lucky guy to hunt in such an area. Where man has hunted for more than 5,000 years before.
-
I was pleasantly surprised honestly at how great the scenery was...awesome looking country

I remember seeing a photo of a Russian wild boar maybe back around 1980 and since then have wanted to hunt these monsters. I would go to Turkey or similar just to hunt Russian wild boar. And probably easier than the mountain climbing for Ibex.

YOU can go there just for the wild boar..a couple guys from Hungary were there the week before I got there doing just that..its not too expensive ..and they have some monsters there..

Outside cute, inside very basic and not far from some temporary hunting huts. Sometimes we forget our poor people live in much of the world.

Man isn't that the truth.. be happy with what you I have...

Quote:

Yes, while they eat way too much in the way of tomato's, cucumbers and bread for my taste, generally the food was very good..THey prepared some of the Ibex for us the night after we got back to town. Had backstraps and liver...man, I almost had to get wheeled out of there I was so stuffed..

I was going to ask what sort of food you were eating. Breakfast of tomatoes, cucumbers and onions!?
Yes---and lots of bread and honey...

Quote:

Lastly, I spent 8 days with a couple of guys I had never met before..in that 8 day period, we sweat a lot together, ate together, basically spend 14 hours a day together.. in the end, we cheered, praised our individual GOD'S for our success, and had a great time. Makes one wonder why the world itself couldn't be more like this. I was treated with the utmost respect and care while there. The guys will be friends like so many others I have met around the world have become... truly wish the world could be just a bit more tolerant more of the time, myself included..

How true. Meeting normal ordinary people directly, living with them, sharing experiences is very different from stereotypes from the other side of the world. Especially doing what you both like and avoiding topics and issues where you will doisagree. Many times ordinary people can live happily together in a community. Until stirred up by ratbags. And just like here, many people can't be bothered to get stirred up and just carry on with their lies.

Turks have a reputatiuon for being friendly and welcoming as a people. their gov't has a different repuatation though.

Ha ha, talking about friendly, the brothels, oops, Turkish baths. Was worried about a "midnight express" experience for a moment though. Didn't realise there was females in Turkish baths!

Was a great experience...and yes, glad it as NOT the "midnight express" type..

Ripp, wonderful to see your hunt stories. No shooting tame beasts behind high wire enclosures in Ripp's stories. Up and down mountains, you are a fit guy.

Wonderful story photos and experiences.

Thank you--really would like to hunt Marco Polo one day in the not too distant future..my friend is heading off in 3 days for that in Tajikistan...envious..went out yesterday helped him sight in his rifle and how to dial up for longer range..

Contact Us NitroExpress.com