mehulkamdar
(.416 member)
29/05/09 11:17 AM
Re: Tahawar Ali Khan - "Maneaters of the Sunderbans"

Gentlemen,

I am hoping that Saad would respond shortly. In the meantime, I have sent Mr Khan the following e-mail based on Gryphon's post:

Dear Sir,

I am one of the moderators of the Asian Hunting Forums at www.nitroexpress.com where several members have been discussing your father Mr Tahawar Ali Khan's book "Maneaters of the Sunderbans," which, we understand, is now out of print. A discussion on the subject is at this link: http://forums.nitroexpress.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=136296&Main=104782#Post136296

The purpose for my contacting you is to find out if you have any copies for sale for our members who are interested in buying a copy for their individual collections. If you do not have any copies, then, my second request, if you permit us to bring out a second edition, would be for the terms of the copyright that you / your family may hold and what terms you would offer for a limited reprint of the book either on paper or on DVD. Kindly note that We have had limited responses from members who are definitely interested in buying the book if available, but that we should have more people sign up if a concrete price were offered to them along with more details once you let us know of the terms that you would like to offer.

If you would like to talk to me, please do let me know - I shall gladly call you at any convenient time that you indicate in order to discuss the terms that you may have in mind.

With best wishes in anticipation of hearing from you on this request,

I remain,

Sincerely,

Mehul Kamdar

Chicago, IL.

Let us wait to hear what he says.

In the meantime, I have a question for whoever is interested in the book - we could have it either as a book or on DVD. The former would cost more in any case and the book could either be printed on high grade paper as a hard-bound book or cheaper as a paperback on ordinary paper, say like what is used in "Gun Digest" for example. A DVD would be very inexpensive to produce - companies like Moser Baer in Switzerland and India offer blank DVDs at ridiculously low prices. What would you prefer if you are interested in the book?

The reason for this is that the prices for both the paper version as well as a DVD version would be fixed except for the royalties that Mr Khan asks for. I hope to have some calculations worked out as soon as I hear from him.

Best wishes and good hunting!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com