bakerb
(.224 member)
16/10/08 12:53 AM
Re: Bleak Picture for the Mongolian High Altai Argali

Iqbal. . .

THere are many other animals that I would add to my list if I thought it was ever possible. The sable is beautiful, kudu are magnificent, the petite lesser kudu is stunning in my opinion, the bongo, mountain nyala, Common nyala are absolutely gorgeous, the list could go on and on. I have just looked at some of these hunts in a realistic light, and realize that if I get to go on three major hunts, for major species that are expensive to hunt, I would make it the three mentioned above, namely, Altai and Marco Polo Argali, and elephant.

Non-hunters do not understand the obsession. I could travel to some African park and ride around in a Land Rover and take pictures of elephant, lion, plains game, just about anything, but that animal won't be mine. I won't have worked for it. I won't have the experience of the looking, the tracking/stalking, the shot, and the euphoric sadness/joy that goes along with the harvest of a trophy animal. And I won't have that trophy to hang on my wall, and look at and remember the miles driven over bumpy trails in a Land Rover/Jeep, the miles spent looking for tracks or glassing, the walking/tracking/hiking/stalking. I won't be able to look at that trophy and wonder how he got the chips in his horns, what kind of battle that must have been, or look at the tusks and wonder how many dang trees he's pushed over and what kind of bush he must have been fighting through to tear his ears up like that.

I need to go hunting

Bake

Contact Us NitroExpress.com