NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
23/03/04 05:51 PM
Anyone for a maneater?

Maneater's toll rises to 13
March 24, 2004

A man-eating tiger, which has already been blamed for eight deaths, has killed five picnickers south of Kathmandu, a government official said today.

Another picnicker managed to save himself by climbing a tree and staying there for several hours, the home ministry official said.

"Five picnickers were killed yesterday after being attacked by a man-eating tiger believed to have been on the prowl for humans in the Chitwan district for the past couple of months," the official said.

"The tiger suddenly sprang from nearby Someswar forest and attacked the picnickers, killing five of them on the spot," he said.

"Even while I was up in the tree, the tiger waited for a couple of hours lying beneath the tree," a police report quoted the surviving picnicker, Rajendra Nyeupane, as saying.

The dead ranged in ages from 22 to 40.

The same tiger, a Royal Bengal, is believed to have killed eight other people in the area over the past 10 weeks.

Forestry wardens are searching for the tiger in the area but no sightings have been reported.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/03/23/1079939620568.html

Bigfive
(Sponsor)
23/03/04 06:30 PM
Re: Anyone for a maneater?

Ok who will sponsor my plane tickets
I am ready to leave immediatly!!!

iqbal
(resigned as a member)
23/03/04 06:31 PM

Had Jim Corbett been alive they would have surely sent for him but since he is no longer there i think Nitrox should offer his services.He will get a chance to use his NE.

luv2safari
(.400 member)
23/03/04 06:40 PM

Too late...

I'm already on the plane, reading my worn out copy of "Maneaters of Kumaon".

Someone lend me their 450/400...

470Nitro
(.333 member)
23/03/04 08:04 PM

Seriously, who hunt those meneaters in India???? Gamescouts or they sell the trophies????

NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
24/03/04 12:48 AM

I believe there is a considerable number of good Indian hunters who get to hunt. If they can move at short notice.

But yes I would try my hand at feeding a maneating tiger if I was asked .

PS Who knows what one's rifle has done in past lives. Its a pity people don't record the history of these rifles overtime.

Mpofu
(.300 member)
24/03/04 02:47 AM

Hate to disappoint guys, but the forestry folk only shoot maneaters as a last resort,ie. when all else fails. They usually succeed in either trapping or darting the beasts. A few years ago,a pretty notorious male in Corbett National Park and the surrounding areas was trapped and currently resides in Lucknow Zoo in Northern India.

NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
24/03/04 12:43 PM

I guess that is one reason zoos have signs

"Don't feed the tiger."

WyoJoe
(.300 member)
24/03/04 04:45 PM

I don't care. I would still like to try my hand at hunting a maneater. It gets interesting when you don't know if you are the hunter or the hunted.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com